Friday, August 26, 2005

People

Sometimes you meet people that just make you want to rip off their arms and beat them with them. "I hope these bastards didn't lay eggs" is the only thing running through your head the entire time that you are talking with them. This is many of the people I talk to while at work. "No, I don't need to do that because (insert bogus reason here). Who does (rule that person did not follow) anyway? This insurance is a scam."

People are quick to tell you that you are scamming them when you are dealing with their money. I worked in a bank for about a minute, and how about people really Jekyl and Hyde when you bring their money into the situation. True, many of them are stupid idiots who should not be given money in the first place, but we really can't stop anyone from giving them money and contributing to the delinquency of an idiot. If we did, then the united states would be in a world of hurt.

Idiots are fun though. Throw common sense out the window, and apply drunken logic. "Well, I have to cancel my trip because of medical reasons." Having mental problems and becoming afraid of planes on your travel day is not a medical reason. It is a mental reason and you are a f*#&up.

Now, when I answer the phone I say thank you for calling (company name). Three forths of the people who have policies with our company don't have their policy numbers, and 2/3 of them have no clue what their policy number is, and then half of them don't know what the f#&* a policy # is. Sorry about the confusion, I am currently talking with a *Special* person right now. "Oh what do you mean this isn't (Company X)?" I always bite my tongue as I refrain from saying something along the lines of "if this was (company X), I probably would have answered the phone as (company X). If you'd take your head out of your @$$ for just a moment and listen.....

No comments: