Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Human bowling

My CT scan was negative, which is positive. I went in, filled out a crapload of paperwork-the lady verified my West Virginia address from when I was 15 (?) and then I went from one waiting room to another. I sat there, and then they called my name as well as another at the same time. I became light-headed and almost took out a bunch of old people. So, the nurse all "OH JESUS SWEET JESUS NO JESUS"ed out on me and ran off to get a wheelchair. Now, I don't remember wheelchairing-except for that one night in on Grace St (@VCU) in an apartment building with a black and white checkered floor after Justin, Olga, Chris and I had drank waaaaaay too much. (Breathe) So anycrap, they put me in this machine and it sounds like that movie CONTACT with the girl that was a detective in the movie about the guy who ate people and wore their flesh-oh yeah, Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs and I had to close my eyes cuz I was getting scared and didn't want to have any sh*##y nightmares about getting stuck in a machine.

After this, Will and Alex and their baby Sara met up at our place. We went to the memorial service. I am glad I went. I got to pay my respects and see people from my old life. Half of my fraternity was there. Then there were the ladies. Yeah, they all still looked the similar, but now a little more grown up. Even the girl that poured an entire cup of keg beer over me was there-we were civil and I guess have made peace. The ceremony was beautiful-I am glad that I went. I am glad that I got to be in this woman's life, even if just for a season. I am saddened by the fact that out of everyone I know, she was one of TWO highly accomplished people (the other is DR RUSSELL) and that she was still studying. It's just not fair.

No comments: