Sunday, May 22, 2005

Self Control/willpower/things I lack

So, I quit drinking almost 4 months ago-really-and no problem. I thought that would be the hardest thing to do, but it isn't. Quitting smoking has been the most problematic thing I am facing in these days. I actually have enough control to not pull the fire alarm at work-but I really have to force myself not to do this when I walk down a particular hallway at work. So, I generally avoid this. But when I walked down this hallway today, I had to to fight the urge to pull the alarm like I always must when I walk down this hallway. It is so hard to do-you see the fire alarm, and you know that you are suppossed to pull it (but the time is not right) but it is begging to be pulled. That is it's sole purpose. It is not there to tell time or make a lovely addition to the wall; it is meant to be pulled and that is all. But I digress-I made it through the day without pulling the fire alarm.

No comments: