Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Holier than Thou

I really hate those people. "I am better than you, I am an important princess. Are you listening to every beckoning call?" These are the words that I repeatedly imagine coming out of my coworker's (the one that I had a problem with) mouth. I don't think that I have ever been uppity, but who knows? Everyone's perception of others is their own. ANYCRAP, BACK TO MY RANTING. "The world is MY OYSTER, so get me some cocktail sauce you." You know, I am sure that if something was stuck that far up my rear that I would be uncomfortable enough to walk around funny, but not enough to the point of being perky every minute of every hour (except for that brief instant when this individual became SATAN during our conversation). I hate perky too. I would need serious COCAINE to be that pleasant. Which reminds me of this lady at the government center. She seemed to be the queen of valium, and when i asked her where the bathroom was she started using both hands to direct me in the fashion of an air traffic controller. Hmm. I could barely get the directions because I was about to burst out laughing. But things happen. I'm sure she's really nice. I just don't trust her. What does she do when she gets off work? Light up a blunt in the car and drive home flicking people off while driving like a maniac. I know we all have imperfections but some people's are funny.

Like the lady at the gas company. I was waiting for her to say, "Sir, I am better than you-please hangup your phone and get off of my line." "I have all the power in the world. I am a customer service supervisor" was the impression I got from her. She informed me that it is my responsibility to make sure I get a bill every month, my responsibility to make sure they receive my payment. "So, I got to get in the car, drive 30 miles, spend 20 minutes looking for parking and then stand in 2 lines for 45 minutes?" I asked. "No sir, you can mail the bill." I almost crapped myself, but was able to respond "Not really. That's what I did do and now I am standing here without gas." What is really messed up is we requested a bill 2 weeks ago and nobody said anything about not getting our last payment. So, we are going on day 5 of no heat, hot water or being able to cook. However, we are going to Craig's tomorrow to take showers, wash clothes, cook and wash dishes and have heat and play with cats. Yay!

No comments: