Monday, April 18, 2005

End of that quiet week.

By the way, that quiet week ended with $265 in car repairs. Apparently, my steering knuckle was being held on by one stripped bolt just resting there. Driving home on last Wednesday, I hit a bump and heard pa-ting-ting-ting. This was one of the two bolts holding the steering knuckle. Car surgury was quoted at $241 at Sears, which is as far as I could take it due to the THUNDER in the left wheel when the brakes were applied. The guy calls me and tells me $336; he forgot to add the labor cost. He explains the parts needed; I tell him I am not paying $50 for new brake pads because the ones on the car are 2 weeks old. $283. I pick the car up with the new rotor, new pads and this knuckle thing-$265. Hmmm. See Ron White, and his view on Sears Auto Center......

No comments: