Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mass email at work about chicken.

I got bored at work last week, and sent out the following email.
"In regards to the chicken and the egg, that's splendid. But the real question is which kind of chicken came first? We can rule out fried chicken, because cavemen didn't have fryers. I am thinking baked chicken or broiled chicken and it was cooked over a fire. And when was barbeque sauce invented? THESE are the important questions that matter.
Ian"
A bunch of people responded you so crazy oh my gawd no he didn't. Then,I got a response from Ken.
"OK, I'm thinking Rotisserie was the first kind as most cavemen had open fires and ovens came about much later. BBQ I bet cam very shortly after when cavemen first dropped the chicken they're cooking in maybe some fruit they were eating cause they wanted to check the chicken to see if it was done, and then continued to cook it."
Upon which, I got an email from Alex. She said:
"What about Buffalo sauce FOR the chicken. Did cavemen get the idea from the buffalo they were hunting? And what PART of the buffalo tastes that spicy but good? I will spend ALL DAY pondering these critical things.... "
I was excited. People were actually taking their busy work day to ponder delicious chicken with me. So, I forwarded Alex's reply to Ken. His response followed.
"To answer this one needs to know some history about the Buffalo: Back in Caveman days the buffalo was no as we know it today. Back about one hundred thousand years ago when primitive man was first getting in to groups to hunt larger beasts there was a fearsome creature that roamed the vast icy planes. These beasts were large fire breathing Bison. Many Cavemen died in these massive hunts but the end result was well worth the sacrifice. These gigantic creatures would feed the semi-nomadic people for months and the bonus was the fire gland. This was dried and ground up and then added to some stores of condensed Bison blood. This was slathered all over the meat as they slowly cooked the hard earned kill. The hot and spicy concoction was the worlds first "Buffalo Sauce". That recipe has since changed but the idea of a hot spicy sauce for food lives on to this day. And the name is derived from the ancient fire breathing "Buffalo". This is mostly all factual information by the way."
So, take some time to think about the chicken and ponder the different aspects of yum yum good.
(Yeah, I know I'm simple.)

No comments: