Wednesday, March 01, 2006

First day as a claims examiner.

So, I got this lady inquiring about her claim. Blah blah blah winter home blah blah blah summer home blah blah blah. So, I let her talk about how wonderful her life is while I live in the united nations and it's hard to find someone who speaks ENGLISH. I mute the call and start mimicking her. Then, with the phone still muted I said "Shut up lady. Buy me a Volvo!" Two coworkers on the other side of the room bust out laughing. One shot soda out her nose. Anycrap, I had to send a letter to the administration to send the damn check to where ever the hell she was. This is about how it was:

Could you make sure that the check gets set to her NEW York address. That is her summer home, but she is going to go there because the weather is favorable, and she will not be at her winter home so we need to send the check to the summer home because that is where she is going to be. I did not ask her why she would be at her summer home during the winter, even with the favorable weather, because I was afraid she would tell me. So, could you look into this? Ms. XXXXXX would appreciate that greatly. Toodles.

So, many of my settings haven't been changed since I came over her to the Claims Department from Customer Service. I am doing my first day's worth of work, and go to deny a claim. I get an error message, stating I am not authorized to DENY the claim at this time. I got denied trying to deny someone. Well, I will just send a letter out stating we are going to need documentation of his operation on his sphinctor and then deny at a later time. DON"T BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE AFTER YOU INJURE YOURSELF. We require documentation from real Dr's not just play actors on tv. Yup.

No comments: