Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Years Resolutions.

1. Get in shape. I am joining a gym so that I can get into shape. I am tired of walking by windows and sucking in so that I look built not just out of shape. I am tired of not fitting into pants I fit into 3 months ago, as well as having an entire closet filled with clothes I haven't fit into in 3 years. I am not bying any more fat boy clothes either.

2. Diet. I need to change my diet so that I don't develop diabetes like my father and so that my body can run more efficently. I need to diet so I am not a fat slob. This means no more soda (bad for kidney stones)diet or non-diet {probably first resolution to pulverize}, no more processed sugar (except for Godiva), low fat non trans fat foods and all that crap. I've already started with keeping the food diary. I am focusing on portion control, and implementing all 4 food groups. Not just pizza, fries, burgers and cake. I am learning a lot from DIETING FOR DUMMIES as well as THE MAKER'S DIET.

3. Work on my attitude. I need to be less staunch at work and not so standoffish with customers. The calls are recorded and we do get graded on random calls. I have had no bad calls, but somehow a call that was pulled changed our policy on disconnecting calls from customers who use vulgar language. Apparently, I was CONFRONTATIVE with a customer and this is why they began to cuss at me. Yes, I agree-I too think that is a vicious lie, but I am not the powers that be.

4. I will not mess with my hair. This means NO DYING OR CUTTING. I am not in the military anymore, so I don't need a military cut. As for the dying-you think I'd learn my lesson by now. EVERYTIME I DO DYE MY HAIR, I REALIZE HOW BAD IT LOOKS WHEN IT DRYS. Except that one time, but everyone else said it looked really bad. I am not going to look like a golden retriever or a fat Eminem this year.

5. Keep track of all expenses. I am going to keep a shoebox filled with receipts from all of my purchases this year. I will not make frivolous purchases, as I do not have space for any CRAP.

6. I will TRY to not make fun of idiots, both blatantly or secretively. I will not judge others and I'll try to be less shallow this year. Yeah.

No comments: