Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Little thinker

When I was a kid, I listened to these tapes called Little Thinker that were suppossed to stimulate kids to think, and then draw a picture. This was actually busy work/ cheap babysitting for my parents. I remember a poem from the tapes still to this day. It's a story about Ira Ferd.

There was a little boy,
his name was Ira Ferd.
He did not like to walk,
and so he rode a bird.
Ira Ferd! Ira Ferd! Flying upside down.
Ira Ferd! Ira Ferd! You're such a silly clown.
But clever little Ira Ferd,
he did not mind the names.
He knew they were just jealous
cuz they could not do the same.

Boy, my life is wonderful that I remember such interesting items from childhood.

1 comment:

C. Dixon-Grout said...

My own children had a cassette tape with Ira Ferd on it as well as other whacky poems. I would like to know what it was called so that I might buy one for my granddaughter.
Christine