Friday, July 01, 2005

My CHALLENGED telephone.

I am at work. I have a customer calling to get ahold of an airline. I inform her she must call the airline directly, but that I can transfer her. Or at this time, at least I think I can. So customer is all"Oh boy you're gonna transfer me yay!" and I am all "Please hold as I transfer your call" and suddenly this procedure becomes impossible. I place the customer on hold and conference said airline and go to bring customer on the line, but this does not occur. So, I start the procedure over. No luck. Third time should be a charm. But it's not. Neither are the fourth time (which Is about the time I started laughing), the fifth, six or seventh time (which is about the time that Rachel started laughing), nor the eight or ninth time. During the ninth time, I just started pressing all the buttons. I figured that eventually, something good would happen. Eventually, It did. Said caller may have gotten disconnected and lost somewhere into a black hole, or just maybe to the place where Laura transferred the Portugeuse woman and her translator. Yeah, a woman calls and asks for a translator. So, Laura gets one and then brings everyone together on the line, and then just disconnects from the call. So, somewhere out there are a Portugeuse woman and her translator floating around looking to talk to someone. I wonder if they will get to talk to my customer.

Oddly enough, everyone that I have transferred to that airline since has been connected. Go figure.

No comments: